The vineyard consists of four varietals, namely Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Shiraz. The vineyard macroclimate is moderate to warm, with the vines planted in varying soils across the vineyard block under drip irrigation.
Our first full vintage of table wines was in 2009. The Sauvignon Blanc 2009 produced an extraordinary balance of tropical fruit and herbacious character and was awarded a GOLD MEDAL in the Gippsland Wine Show. Subsequent vintages of our Sauvignon Blanc have mirrored the delightful flavours of the '09 and continue to medal at wine shows around the country.
Tasting notes for current available vintages are as follows:
- 2011 Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Gris - Fine beaded premium sparkling using the traditional methode champenoise. Refreshing on the palate with citrus aromas and slight nutty texture. Medium dryness.
- 2011 Sparkling Shiraz - Another Premium sparkling but a lot sweeter than its white sister! A great festive drink, perfect for the Xmas lunch!
- 2012 Sauvignon Blanc - New Release. Repeats the perfect fruit balance of tropical & herbaciosness from the 09/10/11 vintages but a little spritzier with a stronger acid finish.
- 2012 Jesse Chardonnay - An unoaked "new age" style chardonnay displaying citrus and stonefruit notes and fresh acidity.
- 2010 Pinot Gris - Delivers big on flavor, with sugar levels further developed compared to the 2009 vintage. 8 months on french oak. Drinking well now. A great food matching wine for white meats and pasta.
- 2013 Pinot Gris - A simply stunning Pinot Gris. Unoaked, yet delivers incredible texture and mouthfeel with lovely aromatics on the nose.
- 2011 Hanratty Hill Shiraz - Shows remarkable balance for such a young wine and exhibits ripe fruit & white pepper character. Drinking well now but will cellar well up to another 5 yrs, if you can wait that long!
- 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon – A sure crowd pleaser. 2 yrs on French oak with strong tannin and ripe berry flavours.
- Liqueur Pinot Gris - Combines late harvest Pinot Gris fruit with a small parcel of Botrytis Chardonnay. This wine is a bolter!